Email us on VILLAGE@POLKA.CO.ZA to get involved.
Thank you for Caring!
NOTE: Any requests to volunteer on site MUST attach a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) which can easily be applied for at your nearest police station.
This excludes any pre-arranged school group visits.
Follow the links below to assist with the Police Clearance Certificate.
NOTE School children visiting the home must please be accompanied by a letter from their school, stating the community service requirements and the scholars name, on a school letterhead. Please include a school contact person should we need to contact the school for any particular reason.
Social responsibility volunteering is welcomed and can be arranged through Susan Harris. We are B-BBEEE compliant and we can issue a Section 18A tax certificate.
Corporate Volunteering events can span from 2 hour events to 8 hour events, to include a catered lunch and conference room facilities in our homework room.
Individual volunteering runs on a 4 week program. This involves the commitment of 2 hours per week, preferably on the same day, for the full 4 weeks.
Ideas you can get involved in are:
The Homework Tutor program – This involves tutoring our children in their Math and English subjects. Ths is especially needed prior to exam time. This program runs on 2 hour slots once a week and can be done for community hours.
A health and nutrition program – How to eat right. Healthy me is a Happy me. Mental health, wellness and diet.
Art lessons - This would require you to bring your own mediums for an activity for a selected number of children.
Music and or dance - Music would need to be basic such as the beating of drums and rhythm of dance could be incorporated.
Exercise Sessions - This can include dance areobics or yoga sessions to music. Please bring your own program.
How to Earn Community Hours Volunteering
In order to earn your community hours, various options have been laid out below for your choice. Please communicate with Susan Harris what your selection will be and confirm your planned date and activity via the volunteer portal or via email.
- Bake and deliver a Mac n Cheese for 10 kids (Aluminium Foil tray 32cm x 15cm x5cm x 2) (2 hours)
- Donate a food parcel (1 hour) (Large bag Mealie Meal, Peanut Butter, Jam, Sugar, Tin of Fish, Tin of Tomatoe & Onion, Tea, Bag of Black Beans or Bag of dried Chickpeas)
- Donate a toiletry parcel (1 hour) (Large Toothpaste & Toothbrush, Protex Soap, Face cloth, Sanitary Pads and Toilet Paper)
- Donate a large bag of second hand clothing (1 hour)
- Host a Sneakers & Slippers Day at your school. Look under Events.
- Give an exercise lesson for 1 hour (2 hours) ON HOLD UNTIL COVID RESTRICTIONS LIFT
- Interact with puzzles games and or reading for 1 hour (2 hour) ON HOLD UNTIL COVID RESTRICTIONS LIFT
- Give a painting lesson including the products used for 1 to 2 hours (2 to 3 hours) ON HOLD UNTIL COVID RESTRICTIONS LIFT
NOTE All school children must please be accompanied by a letter from their school, stating the community service requirements and the scholars name, on a school letterhead. Please include a school contact person should we need to contact the school for any particular reason.
The Village Safe Haven is available for venue hire for small parties and or corporate break-aways. There is a small venue hire fee of R500. This is to cover the use of the tables, chairs, ablutions and electricity. Should you require catering and cleaning, this will be an additional cost and can be per-arranged.
All our Selected with Care and Made with Love homemade products can be purchased from The Village Safe Haven using our online payment portal, EFT, SnapScan or our Yoko machine.
- Banana Bread R40
- Tomato Sauce R20
- Strawberry Jam R40
- Buttermilk Rusks R60 per KG
- Melon pieces in syrup R40
- Biscuits R60
- Carrot Cake R160
- Christmas cakes from R200 to R400
- Friendship Bracelets from R25 to R30
- Fairy lights R80
Join our Newsletter
SUBSCRIBE - click the button below to subscribe today to your copy of The Villager Newsletter.